Poem: "The Virus"
I woke up to the rising sun,
I went up to the window,
I didn't see the laughing club,
Neither any yoga mats.
It was silent and unusual.
I saw the sunrise,
I heard the birds chirp.
Switched on the TV,
They said some illness prevails out,
Asked us to stay at home.
I heard the news all day,
Only to realize how evident the results are,
When we disturb the mother nature.
Spent the day reading about what humans have done,
From hunting and poaching for their pleasure.
To hang the heads of the wild as the medal of their pride.
About the slaughterhouses and butcher place,
They take lives away for what they serve in plates.
It didn't just end here,
It went on and on.
These selfish humans didn't even leave bats to their peace.
It wasn't the first pandemic that spread,
It looks like they didn't learn from the books they wrote.
The humans went on to butcher the nature,
For now, it was time to teach us a lesson.
Locked in homes, we wish to roam out,
Remember when you trapped the bird for just fun?
Remember when you took the nature for granted?
Remember when you didn't care enough?
Just sit at home for life-sake.
It isn't a time to party.
Nature would settle anyway,
By hook or crook.
Save your life and of the ones you love.
Stay healthy in quarantine.
Stay happy at your home.
Pray for the victims against the illness.
Pray for the warriors fighting for us.
-Ira Pandey
I went up to the window,
I didn't see the laughing club,
Neither any yoga mats.
It was silent and unusual.
I saw the sunrise,
I heard the birds chirp.
Switched on the TV,
They said some illness prevails out,
Asked us to stay at home.
I heard the news all day,
Only to realize how evident the results are,
When we disturb the mother nature.
Spent the day reading about what humans have done,
From hunting and poaching for their pleasure.
To hang the heads of the wild as the medal of their pride.
About the slaughterhouses and butcher place,
They take lives away for what they serve in plates.
It didn't just end here,
It went on and on.
These selfish humans didn't even leave bats to their peace.
It wasn't the first pandemic that spread,
It looks like they didn't learn from the books they wrote.
The humans went on to butcher the nature,
For now, it was time to teach us a lesson.
Locked in homes, we wish to roam out,
Remember when you trapped the bird for just fun?
Remember when you took the nature for granted?
Remember when you didn't care enough?
Just sit at home for life-sake.
It isn't a time to party.
Nature would settle anyway,
By hook or crook.
Save your life and of the ones you love.
Stay healthy in quarantine.
Stay happy at your home.
Pray for the victims against the illness.
Pray for the warriors fighting for us.
-Ira Pandey
Truly said 👍
ReplyDeleteTrue saying 👍
ReplyDeleteReally nice... 👌
ReplyDeleteCommendable 👏👏
ReplyDeleteNice
ReplyDeleteVery true...👏👍
ReplyDeleteBrilliantly penned down thoughts. From heart to heart 💓
ReplyDeleteSoulful thoughts
ReplyDeleteVery real observation, analysis and practical advice. Keep doing the good work.
ReplyDelete