Acknowledgement

Lack of appreciation, constant targeting, and most importantly lack of acknowledgment are a big NO in a healthy work environment and what about our homes?
Home sweet home is pretty wide concepts to elaborate in words but that is what we need in this time when we all are locked in our house for our benefit and health.

Demanding acknowledgment and counting of favors are far two different concepts.
As for an example, "I write because I like to express myself, my readers acknowledge this fact and tell me how good or bad the writeup is."
I, as an individual, is very loud and clear about my choices and whether or not to do a certain task. I also expect other people to be the same while communicating with me. My attitude towards my tasks and hard work is not any kind of favor to anyone. 
My father always asked me to enjoy my work be it be in any kind. I follow this mantra partially.  
Now here comes the requirement of acknowledgment. If the work isn't acknowledged and taken as a favor, it would eventually create a negative environment. This isn't healthy. Being thankful and helpful to people doesn't take much.
In this time, when the entire country is in lockdown and all the family members remain at home all the time, conflict of interest and opinion is pretty much obvious. Having been locked in a house, a messed up routine and having to do all the home errands by the people of the house without any house help can be chaos, well a physical one and a mental one as well. 
What I mean to convey is that despite the fact whether you are helping the house chores or not, we all need to be thankful to the person who is doing them for us. It's not your mother's or wife's duty to clean the house, cook for the entire house and do all the other works which require physical strength. I am not mentioning any kind of feminism but all I am trying to mention is gratitude.

In this time of crisis, while doctors and all the medical is the first line of defense against a pandemic and while we all are thankful to them for being at our service, we also need to acknowledge that it's important to thank your mother, wife, daughters, and sisters, who are running the house errands and making the house a better place to live.
Nope, it's not only a lady's work to manage the house but let's face it women do that more precisely, and it's a result of evolution and huge theory around it, we'll discuss that later.

Until then, make sure you acknowledge what people do for you and, favors and caring are two different concepts.
Stay Safe.
Stay Indoors.
Pray for the world.

Happy Reading.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter-7 The Phone Calls

La vie

Change : All what you need to know.