Poem: "Silence"
I wandered in the streets,
Looking for humanity.
I wandered in the streets,
I met inhumanity.
I met the last pieces of humanity crushed and broken.
I met the ashes of the violence.
I wandered in the streets,
Looking for sanity.
I wandered in the streets,
I met insanity.
I met the raging fires.
I met the burning crowd.
I met the fear of angels.
I met the broken glass.
I wandered in the streets,
Looking for peace.
I wandered in the streets,
I met with violence.
I met the demons.
I met the noise.
I stand in the street now,
A deafening silence surrounds me now.
For the children don't play in the streets now,
and look at their schools burnt down.
For the music of celebrations have been turned down,
for it's just the silence that surrounds.
For humanity have left the town,
as the demons reside here now.
-Ira Pandey
Looking for humanity.
I wandered in the streets,
I met inhumanity.
I met the last pieces of humanity crushed and broken.
I met the ashes of the violence.
I wandered in the streets,
Looking for sanity.
I wandered in the streets,
I met insanity.
I met the raging fires.
I met the burning crowd.
I met the fear of angels.
I met the broken glass.
I wandered in the streets,
Looking for peace.
I wandered in the streets,
I met with violence.
I met the demons.
I met the noise.
I stand in the street now,
A deafening silence surrounds me now.
For the children don't play in the streets now,
and look at their schools burnt down.
For the music of celebrations have been turned down,
for it's just the silence that surrounds.
For humanity have left the town,
as the demons reside here now.
-Ira Pandey
The lines are so bold and powerful that prompts to visualize the scenario while reading it. Fantastic Work!
ReplyDeleteTruly reflect the current situation of the world with powerful words.
ReplyDeleteExcellent, really true
ReplyDeleteGreat work!! Beautiful poem! True Reflection of society in which we live. Everyone becoming self centric and have nothing to give. Souls are sleeping deep inside, shameful life we are leading with pride.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem. So deep
ReplyDeleteGreat observation, awesome work
ReplyDelete